I have developed a reputation as an expert on web development and social media, and I am consulted frequently both inside and outside JMU for my expertise in these areas:
- Advising the JMU Public Relations Office on Social Networking Strategy
- Invited Panelist for Flashpoint Egypt on Social Media’s Role in the Arab Spring
- Digital Measures Course Report Evaluation Team
- Appointed JMU Representative on the 4-VA Partnership Team
JMU is joining with George Mason, UVA, and VA Tech to use telepresence technology to increase the number of Virginians who can complete bachelors degrees, and also to make maximum use of the teaching resources by combining small sections across universities. My technology expertise is the primary reason I was chosen for this role.
- COVITS Invited Panelist on “Social Networking Risks and Issues”
I was invited to be a speaker at the Governor of Virginia’s conference on the use of information technology in state and local government in September 2011. This is a conference for all of the top decision-makers with respect to information technology infrastructure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.